The Behavioral Analyst will provide clinical skills instruction and behavior reduction protocols based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to children with Autism and related developmental disabilities in the home, community, and school settings. The Behavioral Analyst will be responsible for drawing upon their experience in the field to educate and train new staff on professional and clinical skills as well as client protocols. The Behavioral Analyst will serve as the facilitator for the client team by facilitating communication between all team members, leading team meetings, managing and disseminating client data, and ensuring that all team members have the necessary support, training, and materials to assist the client in reaching their full potential. The Lead Behavior Analyst will ensure services are directed towards meaningful outcomes for the individuals served. The Behavior Analyst will ensure the delivery of behavior analysis services meets the service requirements as specified by our founder.
Essential components of this position are listed below but are subject to change at the discretion of the Cadenza Center for Psychotherapy and the Arts. This job description describes essential job functions but does not provide an exhaustive list of duties that may be assigned.
- Serve as a leader for ABA Services, overseeing clinical services and personnel.
- Directly supervise BCBA’s, BCaBa’s and RBT’s for all clinical and operational matters.
- Prepare and review clinical productivity, resolve direct service related issues (i.e. conduct RBT probation reviews. RBT yearly reviews, and RBT emergency performance reviews, development of action plans etc, as needed)
- Ensure and promote target growth goals, promote staff, support RBT completion and promote compliance management goals.
- Recruit, interview, discipline and perform staff terminations for the ABA Department, subject to the Cadenza Center policies and procedures.
- Develop agenda and facilitate brief webinars and staff meetings when needed
- Oversee referral screenings and manages assessments and case assignments. BIP updates (i.e. prepare assessment update every 6 months/ update goals etc.)
- Develop and nurtures relationships with new and existing staff to promote safe and strong work environment. Train and oversee follow through of tasks that have been delegated to others.
- Ensure implementation of direct ABA services through regularly scheduled session observations.
- Provide support, intervention and management of all parent related grievances or issues that arise in the ABA program.
- Participate in quality assurance activities monthly which include meetings and phone interviews with clients, parents/guardians
- Remain available to clinical staff 24 hours daily to assist with crisis intervention, emergencies.
- May provide direct clinical services to clients, including individual therapy sessions.
- Fulfill all documentation, case management and billing functions for providing direct service as outlined in the Cadenza center Policy and Procedures.
- Review behavior programs from ABA providers before final review, submit to director for insurance clearance.
- Have or be willing to have RBT’s and BCaBa’s under your supervision, provide supervisor based on BACB supervision standards. Must have completed 8-hour supervisory course
- Monitor therapy teams to insure client success by providing clients with on-site supervision.
- Continuously monitor progress and prescribe the amount, scope, and duration of the therapy, make treatment adjustments and be responsible for treatment outcomes
- Serve as an important member of child’s IEP team by providing objectives, behavior intervention plans, and recommendations for comprehensive goals for their clients to be implemented in the home and in the school settings.
- Discuss concerns and observations of care providers (ie. Teachers and/or parents), revise curriculum, interface with adjunctive service providers and other professionals, and also interface with representatives from schools and other agencies.
- Promote services offered by the Cadenza Center, collaborate with mental health to promote appropriate client outcomes
- Ability to interact with children and model appropriate behavior strategies and interventions
- Excellent writing and communication skills, familiar with how to write a functional behavior assessment , familiar with behavior tools for measure and assessment tools such as VB-MAPP, Vineland-3, ABBLS etc.)
- Strong organizational skills be responsible for tracking and updating treatment plans, program data sheets.
- Leadership qualities- Patient, personable, and dedicated, have physical ability, lifting, running
- Ability to work well independently- complete work within sensitive time frame
- Be able to work in a high paced environment, multi task
- Required to work 40 hours per week. Office Hours: 9:00AM to 5:00PM with a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the clinic.
Must live in nearby areas in Broward or Palm Beach County.
- Master’s Degree and certification from the BACB as a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Minimum 1 year experience implementing various programs/ working directly with children with autism.